Pav Bhaji is one of the most popular Indian snacks, specially in Maharashtra. It is a yummy combination of different vegetables cooked and mashed together. This is something loved by people of all ages and cooked with different variations in different households. Here is a spicy, easy and low fat Pav Bhaji recipe for you.
Pav bhaji is eaten with roasted pav buns, some chopped onion and lemon with some butter on top of it.
Ingredients Of Pav Bhaji
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 cubes large butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup french beans, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 Lemon
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- Pav bhaji masala
- Boil all the vegetables peeled and washed and chopped in a cooker. Mash them thoroughly
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cubes of butter along with onion
- Saute till golden brown and then add ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Now add the tomato paste
- Add salt, chilli powder and pav bhaji masala to the mashed mixture. Mix well.
- Now add the boiled vegetables and mix well
- Finally, add butter followed by coriander leaves to the cooked bhaaji. Mix thoroughly.
To Prepare Pav:
- Spread some butter all over the pav.
- Toast it on the pan for a while till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot along with a lemon wedge, chopped onion and green chilli.