Masala Papad is yummy starter/appetizer or even eaten as a snack - have it with tea or with drinks, everyone loves it!
Step by step recipe to make Masala Papad easily:
- 2 large papads (Lijjat Papad or Aachi Appalam)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped or ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped or ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/dhaniya
- Finely chopped green chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Plain Bhujia or sev
- 1 tsp MDH Chunky Chat Masala
- Salt as required
- Enough oil for shallow frying papads. Alternatively, you can also roast them on gas or in microwave.
Take the papad.
Heat oil for deep frying in a pan and slid the papad into the hot oil.
Fry for some seconds till the papad is crisp. You can roast the papad on gas or in microwave also, if you wish to avoid fried.
Place the fried/roasted papad on a kitchen towel so that excess oil is absorbed.
Place the papad in a plate and add finely chopped onion and tomato on top of the papad
Sprinkle pieces of green chilli and chunky chat masala on top of the papad
Squeeze the lemon on top of papad
Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Finally, add plain bhujia or sev on top of the papad
Serve masala papad immediately or else they turn soggy.
Shop for ingredients required for making Masala Papad: