Bhel Puri is a very popular Mumbai street food and very easy to make at home. It is a tasty and chatpata snack made with puffed rice.
Step by step recipe to make Bhelpuri at home:
- 1 small sized potato (boiled, peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 1 small to medium sized finely chopped onion
- 1 small to medium sized finely chopped tomamto
- 1 small to medium sized finely chopped green chilli (optional)
- A small bunch of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Lemon
- 2 cups Puffed Rice
- MDH Chunky Chat Masala
- Plain Bhujia or sev
- Red Peanuts
- Green Chutney (see recipe here)
- Red Tamarind Chitney (see recipe here)
- In a bowl now take the chopped boiled potatoes, onions and tomatoes. You can also include some boiled moong beans or steamed moong bean sprouts at this step.
- Add sweet chutney, green chutney and red chutney. You can add the quantity of chutneys as per the taste you want in a bhel puri.
- Sprinkle ½ to 1 teaspoon chat masala and ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder. Also, sprinkle some black salt as per taste. If you do not have black salt, then use pink salt, rock salt or white salt.
- Drizzle ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice or according to taste.
- Mix very well.
- Now add 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts. At this step, you can also top up with some crushed puri or papdi.
- Add puffed rice.
- Add ¼ cup sev (fried gram flour vermicelli).
- Top up with some sev, puri or papdi and more coriander leaves if you want.
Shop for ingredients required to make Bhel Puri:
Haldiram's Plain Bhujia or sev
MDH Chunky Chat Masala