Ever wondered why rose water has found a place in every Indian household? It's simple. Rose water benefits are numerous; as it is undoubtedly beauty's magic potion, and also remarkably versatile.
Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That's what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India.
The usage of rosewater dates back to early Egypt, when Cleopatra used the natural product in her skincare regime. And how can we not follow the footsteps of the world's most legendary beauty queen?
There are a number of rose water benefits which make it a popular ingredient in cuisines and religious rituals. Rose water for skin and rose water for face are two of rose water's most well-known uses.
10 Rosewater Benefits For Skin & Hair
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin's pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalises hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
How To Use Rose Water | 10 Uses of Rose Water
The best and easiest way to use rose water maybe to apply it at night, to clear all impurities the face has collected through the day; but we've listed other surprising uses which are so quick and easy, you'll be shocked.
1. Spritz Away! "A great way to use rosewater is by spritzing it on your face. Fill an empty spray bottle with rosewater and spritz all over your face and neck before applying your moisturiser.
As per South Korea’s 7 skin method, if you have time, you should spray rose water 7 times on your face with a gap of 1 minute in between each spray. Pat in gently on the skin so as to get it absorbed. And then apply your usual moisturiser/cream to get a better moisturising effect. Doing this will keep your face fresh and hydrated and you will notice the difference in your skin texture in just a few days.
2. Dry and Frizzy Hair? You've come to the right place. Mix equal parts rosewater and glycerin, apply on the scalp with the help of cotton pads and massage for 10-15 minutes. Let it stay for another 30 minutes and wash off with shampoo.
3. Facial Cleanser: Rose water can be used a cleanser on all skin types. Add a few drops of glycerine to 1 tbsp rose water and apply it on your face. Massage gently in circular motions to remove all the impurities/dirt. Then wash off with your cleanser.
4. No More Tired Eyes: If you have tired, inflamed eyes - soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
5. Hair Conditioner: Post shampooing, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse. It helps condition the hair deeply, adding a healthy shine you'll just love.
6. Facial Toner: Wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin. Its mild astringent properties help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin.
7. Goodbye Acne: Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on acneic skin and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with fresh water and reap the benefits. You can also apply a speedy facepack of fuller's earth (multani mitti) and mix it with rose water. Once it dries, wash it off. This helps cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne.
8. Makeup Remover: Tried and tested, this is the best makeup remover ever. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and cleanse your face. The mixture works wonders to wipe off makeup and nourish your skin deeply at the same time. Note: Rub gently to avoid being harsh to your skin.
9. Fair and Lovely: Add 2 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of tanning.
10. Pamper Yourself: Mix rose water with almond oil or your regular cream and moisturise your body. For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It's considered the best antidote to stress.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. TruEthnics does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get your hands on Rose water and other ingredients here: